Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A honeymoon, 6 months after pt.1

                                 Well... we finally took a few days to spend time together.
And being that it was our first trip since getting married, 6 months after getting married, a mini honeymoon?
Josh and I drove (ok, he drove) ... to Gatlinburg, not getting there until super late Friday night. We woke up early (I woke first and pestered him awake, as usual) and started the morning with a walk to Flapjack's and I tried the s'mores pancakes. So much sugar. And I loved drinking from the mason jars.

We went to the outlet mall ( J.Crew factory, woo!) and made it to an exotic petting zoo. Which had mostly regular petting zoo guys, but some odd ones also. I was pretty tickled by the whole thing and Josh took pictures of me the whole time giggling. 

Camels, horses, ponies, donkey, zebra, zonkey (?!), emus, goats, pigs, reindeer, and a few others.
I loved that zebra and Josh was pretty excited about the kangroo. Who looked super furry and cuddly, but was not into getting his picture taken.
After lunch at AppleBarn (best apple cider ever) we spent two hours driving into the mountains, did the  aquarium, and walked a few miles around Gatlinburg, we finally had dinner and went to bed. 
It was the most relaxing, long day I've had in forever. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely! I have never been. I know, that's awful.

    ReplyDelete