Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week - to me!


And all other educators of course. 
I often feel that even though I went to college, write lesson plans, do multiple assessments on my children, and work very hard everyday at what I do (with very limited time off, being at a full year school), that preschool teachers are just thought of as babysitters. And while I do babysit, and love that as well, I am an educator. The children just happen to be very young, and with us for about 10 hours sometimes. 
While I do get credit for what I do, I worry that other preschool teachers and daycare providers might not.
The agency I work for expects a lot from us, but they truly do appreciate what we do and I'm grateful they take time to let us know.

This morning my director provided us with a super cute bucket of breakfast goodies. It's like she knew I was craving a banana this morning! And I was more excited than a person should be about my little pink bucket. It will match my pink wire basket in the bathroom perfectly.
Also, I am horrible with the picture frame app. I'm going to work on that.


1 comment: