Saturday, August 18, 2012

He's home!

That husband of mine is home! I left Tuesday night with his mom and aunt for the 8 1/2 hour drive to MO. I honestly don't travel very well. I wiggle, get headaches, feel sick, feel exhausted... But maybe I was too excited to care?
Wednesday morning was family day. It was a little strange not seeing him for 5 months then all of a sudden he was in front of me, dressed up and shaved face. Ah, and the rules that we weren't allowed to hug long or hold hands was the worst! Even so, we had a nice lunch and spent the day together. He showed us the museum, shopping centers, and where he had trained. I had no idea it would be so big!
I could not sleep at all that night and was so happy when it was finally Thursday and time for graduation. I didn't cry, but when he introduced me to all of his buddies and drill sergeants, they all had so many nice things to say, I was blown away. He was so dedicated and helpful and hard working the whole time he was there. I'm so proud of him!
About 30 minutes after leaving we stopped, and after changing into jeans at a gas station, I finally got a big hug and kiss and then cried like a baby.

2 comments:

  1. Awww congratulations! I can't imagine the excitement you were feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good work Josh. I didn't know they had rules! So weird

    ReplyDelete